Friday 2 November 2007

National Television Awards

This week I took great delight in indulging my love of trashy TV by watching the National Television Awards. To ease the rest of the household I boldy announced my requirement to watch it to report on the fashion, as everyone knows, those TV stars love an excuse to dress up and party!!

This year didn't disappoint, and the stars were out in some of the best (and worst) evening dresses to have been seen so far this season. Here's a round up of my favourites. Firstly I have to pay homage to Fern Britton who looked absolutely amazing in a simple black halter dress with one of my favourite bolero style shrugs as a cover. Fern is a beautiful woman and she really seemed to glow. Another favourite for me was Kelly Brook in a grecian style floor length gown which accentuated her beautifully curvy figure perfectly.


The night brought a mix of timeless classics and bold new styles. One colour which seemed to be a firm favourite with our TV celebs was electric blue, a bold colour which if used correctly can really make you stand out from the crowd for the right reasons, as demonstrated by Doctor Who's award winning actress Freema Agyeman, as well as woman of the moment, Corrie's Tina O'Brien (pictured). You can get the look for the upcoming party season with this blue evening dress from Curvety.com.

No comments: