Wednesday 20 June 2007

Lily Allen feels media pressure to be thin

Lily Allen is always up for a celebity slanging match, but it seems recent comments from Cheryl Cole and Amy Winehouse fans have thrown the normally stable singer off kilter.

Lily reports - 'I used to pride myself on being strong minded and not being some stupid girl obsessed with the way I look. I felt like it didnt matter if I was a bit chubby cause, im not a model, I'm a singer . Im afraid I am not strong and have fallen victim to the evil machine . I write to you in a sea of tears from my hotel bed in Seattle , I have spent the past hour researching gastric bypass surgery , and laser lipo suction'.

In a later post Allen said Cole's jibe, coupled with the constant comparisons to supermodel Kate Moss as they launched rival fashion ranges was what pushed her over the edge. It seems Lily soon recovered from her moment of self pity and apologised to (and thanked) her supportive fans.

Reading through the replies to her blogs I am glad to see that her fans are of the same opinion as me, which is that Lily is a gorgeous woman who is an excellent role model to teens of today. Most female celebrities portray the image that thin is happy no matter what the cost and until now Lily has been anti this size prejudice. Dress like Lily with a selection of fab dresses from Curvety.com

No comments: