Tuesday 30 October 2007

America Ferrera on Curves


America Ferrera, the 23 year old star of 'Ugly Betty' has recently spoken out for the curvy woman about her views on curves, eating disorders and size sero. In the real world America would be classed as a woman of normal proportions - but in LA and the world of celebrity that she resides she is classed as curvy. Does living in such a looks obsessed bubble have an effect on how America feels about herself?'
There are time when I go to the gym and really try, and there are times when I just don't. Even if I wanted to be anorexic, I just don't have what it takes. After four hours of being anorexic, I'd be like, 'It's been a whole four hours. Feed me!'
She says; 'There's just way too much attention placed on the way we look. And I think it's hilarious when people call Jessica Alba and Eva Longoria curvy. Come on - they're not curvy. I'm curvy!'
Luckily for America she has landed a job that celebrates her individuality so she is not under the same pressure as other actresses to maintain an unnaturally slim figure. 'I've been really lucky. The role has prepared me to be exactly who I am and not to change. And what is normal now? Is it normal to be size zero? Starving yourself is not beautiful.'
Get the look - America is pictured in a beautiful lace overlay dress. Get the look in plus sizes with the lace dress from Curvety.com.

No comments: