Wednesday 28 May 2008

A Message from Americas Next Top Model

I haven't as yet written about the groundbreaking win of a plus-size model on 'America's next top model' recently over in the US. But Whitney Thompson, A UK size 12, has a great message to give out to the industry which is definitely worth sharing.


“I’m not really plus-size in real life, I’m regular,” Thompson recently told reports. “I’m the weight I’m supposed to be and that’s considered plus size, and what kind of message is that sending to girls and boys all over the world?”


Well said Whitney, which is why its great to see the public over in the US supporting a model who promotes a real life healthy image.


As for the goals she has for her newfound fame?


“No one from the generation behind me has anyone to look up to. Truly all of their role models are in rehab or have eating disorders, and I feel like it might be a lost generation because of that,” the model said. “I’m not saying no to anything. I really want to work and work and work and just get everything I want to out there.”


Fingers crossed for a long and successful career for a most beautiful woman.

No comments: