Wednesday 11 April 2007

War of the sizes - Fat V Skinny

The Daily Mail has recently asked two women to pose for pictures, one is a size 0 (UK size 4) and the other is an 18, in the hope of raising awareness of the increasing weight issues in the UK today. So - Is media coverage of size zero celebrities directly responsible for the increase in eating disorders in young girls? Or is the steady rise in obesity a far more worrying problem?



Both women appear to eat a healthy balanced diet but nutritionist Fiona Hunter believes that the size zero model - Sasha Larner is eating less than half of the recommended daily calorie intake, and the majority of these are made up of biscuits & alcohol. Fiona had higher praise for the well balanced diet of Mikyla Dodd of Hollyoaks & Celebrity fit club fame.Both women claim to be happy with their weight, although Mikyla has recently slimmed down from 19st 2lb to 15st 7lb, losing 44lb when taking part in Celebrity fit club.



She says: "I am perfectly content with my lot. If I never lose another pound, I will be happy. I am a desirable woman. I've got great boobs and my last boyfriend said I had a nice bum. I've certainly got no inhibitions when it comes to the bedroom. I know for a fact that you don't have to be slim to be sexy. I feel much better now that I've lost some weight - but I'd never want to be a size zero. Pictures of people like Nicole Richie in her swimwear are so worrying. They are all skin and bone, and look as though they might snap."



Read the full article here



If you're happy with your curves then dress to impress in the sexy maya chiffon dress from igigi. It can be purchased from UK plus size clothing store Curvety.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

to be honest id rather be fatt than skiny thats disgustin !